Thursday, February 3, 2011

First Attempt

Hello family and friends. Steven and I wanted to start a blog so that we can keep you all updated on our little family.

Steven is currently working at Clark Pest Control as the 'face of the company'. He enjoys most of the company around him but prefers not to have a desk job. He is great with costumer service which is what he does most of the time. He rather be at school but because he is a loving husband and father he is letting his wife, me, finish first. Lately Steven has been getting into, or should I say, 'digging' into all types of fishing. Right now his main focus is Fly Tying, he really enjoys it and is really good at it too (I'll try to take some photos of his Fly's.) Steven is really good with our son Marshall. He does this rocking thing that seems to put Marshall right to sleep. He loves spending time with him and playing games that make mothers nervous. :) I cannot do what he does at all. He recently decided that when he returns to school he will go into Nursing. We are both excited about this because he has the 'umpf' to do this type of career.

Marshall Denner Rusty Young was born November 19, 2011. He was 9 lb. 8 oz. and 21 1/2 in. He was one big baby. Everything went well with the pregnancy and he currently is 15 lb. and 25 in. Let me remind you that he is only 2 months and 2 weeks old. He already wears 3-6m and 6m clothing. Nothing 3m and under will fit. I think he wore each outfit once. Marshall is 90% in height, weight, and head size for a baby at his age. He enjoys eating every 3 hours and just recently decided to be nice to mommy and sleeps for 7 hours a night. So he goes to bed around 9:30-10P.M. and then wakes up for a feeding about 5A.M. and then he goes back to sleep till about 8A.M. It's fantastic. He enjoys naps, food, bright colors, TV, and seeing everything. He rather sit up than lay down. HOW TIME FLIES!!

I am currently going to Delta and in the fall I will transfer to UOP in Stockton. I will be attending UOP full time and playing soccer for the university. I'm really excited to go back but really torn because I miss Marshall even when he's with Grandma Alexander for only an hour. I hope to be done in 1 and 1/2 years with at Bachelors in Communications. Who knows what I'll do with that but Steven wants me to be a stay-at-home mommy anyway. I'll probably end up coaching soccer as a hobby.

Well I have caught you all up-to-date with the Young family. I hope I keep up on this blog so you all can enjoy reading about the Young's.

6 comments:

  1. That's great Steven has decided on nursing! There are so many great careers that can lead to. I just finished nursing school myself, and absolutely love my job at Primary Children's. The guys in my class were always really interested in being Nurse Anesthetists, maybe he'd enjoy something like that? It's the most money you can make as a nurse! Anyway, it sounds like you guys are doing great and I'm so happy for you! Your family is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becs! I'm so happy you have a blog now! I look forward to all of your stories and pictures :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!! love love LOVE the title! it suits you! next you'll learn to post pictures right? i gotta see more pictures of this cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becca. I love that you've started a blog. Now I can stalk you on the internet. ha ha ha. I can't wait for pictures of your little dude. Leighton and O say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you all are doing well :) Jared when he was born looked like my brother and my dad. I had hoped he would look more like Derek, but he is still a good looking baby. I wish they didn't have to grow so fast. Marshall is a handsome fellow. You should tell me your secret on getting Marshall to sleep for 7 to 8 hours at night. Jared won't let me sleep. He is 8 months old now and i still get up 2 to 4 times at night between 10pm -9 am. It is cool that Steve wants to go into Nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO excited I found your blog! YAY!!
    We are over at:
    chadandtausha.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete